Fireworks 500 terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Fireworks 500 open water swim
The Event is organised by T2 Events. Participation is subject to Beat SCAD’s terms and conditions as well as those of T2 Events.
Registration and participation
Entrants agree to:
- register with Beat SCAD and we will pass on your details to T2 Events. We will use your details in relation to this event and to contact you about other similar events and promotion related to the fundraising. Registration will be done via this form.
- pay a non-refundable and non-transferable registration fee to Beat SCAD and we will pass on this fee to T2 Events.
- take part in the event at their own risk and agree that they are fit and physically able to take part in the event.
- provide written approval from a doctor, if required, that they are fit to take part. If entrants develop a health condition that prevents them taking part in the event, they should withdraw and contact us as soon as possible to let us know.
- provide their own equipment suitable for the event.
- provide their own insurance for their participation in the event.
Entrants agree to:
- raise a minimum of £300 for Beat SCAD.
- set up a Just Giving fundraising page to fundraise for Beat SCAD which Beat SCAD will promote.
- use a Beat SCAD sponsorship form for offline fundraising.
- transfer any offline fundraising to Beat SCAD by bank transfer no later than eight weeks after the event.
- If the event is cancelled, or the entrant has to withdraw due to developing or a change in a health condition, anyone who has donated funds via Just Giving can request a refund.
- For offline donations that have not yet been passed to Beat SCAD, it is the responsibility of the entrant to refund the money. If the money has been sent to Beat SCAD, please contact us with details.
Promotion and media
Entrants agree to take part in promotion of the event and fundraising and agree to use of their stories and photos in current and future promotion by Beat SCAD and T2 Events, including news stories, website and social media posts and printed material.
Beat SCAD is not liable for any injury, accident, loss or damage to an entrant or third party in relation to this event, however caused, including cancellation or changes made by T2 Events or circumstances beyond the control of Beat SCAD.
If T2 Events has to cancel the event in accordance with their terms and conditions, Beat SCAD will not be liable for any costs incurred by entrants, including travel or accommodation costs.
Information provided to Beat SCAD and T2 Events will be used according to current data protection laws.