Prize Draw 2017
Please help us raise £25,000 for SCAD research!
The British Heart Foundation funding for the SCAD research project has come to an end. It was gaining real momentum, raising awareness among cardiologists and providing information to specialists throughout the country. Without more funding, the future of the project is at risk.
Beat SCAD has already donated £25,000 to the Leicester SCAD research project, thanks to some fantastic and creative fundraising. We now need to raise another £25,000 for this research to continue so we need YOU and we need YOUR support… now and for the foreseeable future.
SCAD patients who have attended a Research Day at Leicester know how valuable it is, not just to gain information and reassurance from two of the leading specialists in this country, but also because these test results and individual case studies contribute to the overall research data. Around 120 patients have attended so far, but more than 500 people registered, are now waiting.
What you can do to help
Please help us ensure that everyone who is registered will see the research team by selling Prize Draw Tickets. There is a special gift awaiting the person who sells the most tickets! For tickets please click here to email us with your name and address and how many books of tickets you require (each book includes five tickets). Tickets cost £1 each.
We have some amazing prizes on offer, including seven nights’ holiday accommodation in the Algarve, three nights in a beautiful cottage in Burnham Market in Norfolk, a stunning sterling silver heart pendant – and more! The Draw will take place on 28 November 2017, closing date is 20 November. See all the prizes, along with the terms and conditions below.
Thank you for participating – and GOOD LUCK!
The Beat SCAD team
7 nights’ accommodation in the Algarve
A week in a luxury two-bedroom ground floor apartment with a sea view in Fuseta ‘the jewel of the eastern Algarve’.
The apartment is in a traditional fishing village about 25 minutes’ drive from Faro airport and 10 minutes from Tavira. There are two communal swimming pools, stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and Portugal’s Ria Formosa Natural Park and a private rear garden.
There are some fantastic golf courses nearby and the Spanish border is just over half an hour away. You can get to Albufeira and Vilamoura in less than an hour, and Lisbon is about 3.5 hours away.
Prize includes seven nights’ off-peak accommodation only (Off peak dates are 12 January – 29 March, 16-27 April, 1 November – 22 December). No travel or other costs are included. Apartment sleeps up to four people. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
Prize must be claimed and used by end of 2018.
Prize kindly donated by Karen and Clive Rockell.
3 nights’ accommodation in Norfolk
A weekend break at a beautiful North Norfolk cottage in the heart of Burnham Market providing a boutique hotel experience for one or two couples.
The Bakehouse is a conversion of part of an old bakery. It has two bedrooms, a beautiful kitchen and sitting room and an outside decked area. Just a minute’s walk from Burnham Market’s village green and some great independent shops and galleries, and the renowned Hoste Arms hotel.
Prize includes three nights’ off-peak accommodation only, Friday afternoon to Monday morning). No travel or other costs are included. Cottage sleeps up to four adults – no children allowed (parents: give yourself a well-deserved weekend off!) and no dogs. Off-peak means outside school holidays. Use the link above to check availability or send enquiries. Prize must be claimed and used by end of 2018.
Prize kindly donated by Michelle and David Lamont.
Sterling silver heart necklace
A beautiful sterling silver open heart pendant with a 40-45cm 925 sterling silver box chain from Hot Diamonds. The pendant is 15mm high and features a stunning row of three real one point diamonds.
Prize kindly donated by Lucy Whatmore
Hawthorn hand-made ballpoint pen
A hawthorn hand-made ballpoint pen presented in a silk pen case. The pen was made especially for Beat SCAD.
Hawthorn is a light wood with a lovely grain and has been used through the centuries in heart medicine and is still prescribed by doctors in parts of Europe as a mild heart medicine.
Prize kindly donated by Margaret Tomlinson.
Rainbow hematite bracelet
A beautiful bracelet created by SCAD survivor Gwyn Winter (http://www.gemzone.co.uk) using heart-shaped rainbow hematite beads, with a magnetic clasp.
Prize kindly donated by Gwyn Winter
This beautiful quilt has been hand-made by SCAD survivor Sonia Mrowiec. The flower and animal themed design uses vibrant colours, together with lovely applique decoration. The quilt measures 183x143cm.
Prize kindly donated by Sonia Mrowiec.
Two nights’ accommodation in a Shepherd’s Hut near Truro
Two nights’ accommodation in Howard’s Hut, a hand-built Shepherd’s Hut in Cornwall. The Hut is situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty, four miles from Truro, 10 miles from Falmouth and approximately nine miles from the north coast beaches.
The Hut sleeps two, has a double bed, kitchen area with hob, fridge and sink (kettle and toaster also provided). There is a bathroom with electric shower, toilet and hand basin as well as a log burner for the cooler nights. The property is not suitable for children and does not take dogs.
The prize of two nights’ accommodation can be taken at any time in 2018 subject to availability. No travel or other costs are included.
Prize kindly donated by Beverley & Howard Stokes
Silver bracelet with adjustable grey fabric cord. This beautiful bracelet is engraved with ‘Live, Laugh, Love’.
Silver bracelet with adjustable blue fabric cord. This beautiful bracelet is engraved with ‘Live, Laugh, Love’.
SCAD strong hoodie
Grey comfy cotton/polyester hoodie with ‘#SCAD strong’ slogan on the front and US charity SCAD Research’s web address on the back.
Antique Rose long silver necklace with heart-shaped beads in a rose-gold colour.
Scarf with heart motif & heart-themed cushion
This lovely heart-themed prize includes a very stylish cream Miss Sugar scarf decorated with silver hearts and a small beige linen cushion decorated with a white heart.
Marina Oliver novels
Green handmade quilt
Handmade green quilt measuring 118cm x 90cm.
Prize kindly donated by Gill Marshall.
Plus more prizes…
…including one cash prize of £50 and two of £25.
Beat SCAD Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
Beat SCAD’s Prize Draw 2017 is licensed by Melton Borough Council.
Promoter: Beat SCAD, 20 Wren Close, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE13 0QE
Responsible person: Rebecca Breslin
All profits raised from the prize draw will go towards achieving Beat SCAD’s missions to raise awareness of SCAD, support those affected and fund research.
Registered charity number: 1164066 (England and Wales).
- By entering the Prize Draw, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will not be valid.
- The Prize Draw is open to those over 18 years old who live in the United Kingdom. Beat SCAD reserves the right to require proof of identity and age.
- The cost of each entry into the Prize Draw is £1 per ticket.
- Tickets may be requested by emailing email@example.com.
- Beat SCAD will send a maximum of 30 tickets to individuals in a single mailing.
- Payment for Prize Draw tickets sold must be made before 20 November 2017 by bank transfer, using PRIZE DRAW as a reference, or cheque sent to 20 Wren Close, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE13 0QE. Please allow time for the cheque to be deposited and funds cleared.
- The prizes are as described on this web page. Specific prizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions, which form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The closing date is 20 November 2017. All Prize Draw entries sent by post must be received by Beat SCAD, 20 Wren Close, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE13 0QE by this date. Tickets received after this date will not be entered into the draw and monies will be treated as a donation.
- The Prize Draw will take place on 28 November 2017.
- The winning entries will be selected from all entries received by the closing date and will be awarded in order of selection. Only tickets for which full payment has been received will be eligible to win a prize.
- Prizes are subject to availability and Beat SCAD reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
- Prizes are not transferable or negotiable and no cash alternatives will be available. The person named on the Prize Draw ticket stub will be the only person entitled to the prize.
- Cash prizes will be transferred to the winners’ bank accounts or paid by cheque (at Beat SCAD’s discretion) within 28 days of the Prize Draw.
- Winners will be notified by phone, post or email within 28 days of the Prize Draw
- A list of winners will be available on this web page after the Prize Draw.
- By entering the Prize Draw you agree to allow Beat SCAD to contact you to discuss using your name, home county and photograph in relation to you being a winner, including on the Beat SCAD website, promotional material and social media.
- Beat SCAD reserves the right to reject your entry and/or award any prize to an alternative winner if we believe you have breached any of these Terms and Conditions, acted fraudulently or illegally. Beat SCAD will have no liability to you for any loss or damage arising from us exercising these rights.
- If Beat SCAD cannot deliver prizes to winners using details provided to us and if cheques are not cashed 90 days after the Prize Draw, the prize will be forfeited.
- Beat SCAD reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Prize Draw in whole or part at our sole discretion.
- Beat SCAD will not be liable for Prize Draw tickets, entries, or prizes that are lost, stolen, delayed in the post, damaged or illegible or for late bank payments.
- Beat SCAD will not be liable if we are unable to contact winners using details you have provided.
- Beat SCAD will not be liable for loss or damage incurred by you in connection with your participation in the Prize Draw or your use of any prize.
- Beat SCAD will not be liable for any failure or delay beyond our reasonable control.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit Beat SCAD’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or any other matter for which liability may not be limited by law.
- Beat SCAD may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. Please check this page regularly.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.
- Beat SCAD’s decision in all matters relating to the Prize Draw is final. In the event of a complaint or dispute relating to the Prize Draw, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you feel you are experiencing problems with gambling, please get advice from GambleAware (www.gambleaware.co.uk).
- If you have any questions about the Prize Draw, please contact Beat SCAD at email@example.com or 20 Wren Close, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE13 0QE